Friday 4 July 2008

You Can't Run From My Love...


One of my favourite female vocal artists must be Stephanie Mills. Born in Brooklyn NY on March 22nd 1957 her illustrious career took off from an early age singing in gospel choirs and starring in theatre on Broadway. Musical success was only really gained from the late seventies onwards when she teamed up with producers James Mtume of hit ("Juicy Fruit") and Reggie Lucas with top hits "What Cha Gonna Do With My Lovin","You Can Get Over", the Larry Levan favourite "Put Your Body In It" and later the awesome "The Medicine Song" to name just a few. Today i'm going to give you the super sweet "You Can't Run From My Love" released in 1982 on Casablanca Records.I just love this slow boogie jam with those luscious vocals. Here you can enjoy a sample of another very talented lady that emerged from the disco era.
Happy Independence Day.


Stephanie Mills - You Can't Run From My Love

No comments: