Friday 31 October 2008

Motown Disco Magic

Well it's friday, although the sun is shining it's a bit on the cold side so i thought i would give you some Motown Disco to warm your cockles up !!! I know some of the purists out there might think this is rather cheesy but i don't care cause i kinda like it.I like the energy the whole album has and the way the tracks are sort of blended together.Here's some notes from the album cover courtesy of Roger St.Pierre ."The music ranges from sweet and lilting to get-down gutbucket funk but in all its kaleidoscopic variety it has a common life-force:it's all representative of the famed Motown Sound, it's all highly danceable and it's pure disco magic". Well said there Roger, so listen out for some nuggets on this release from Music For Pleasure records in 1978.

Side 1:

Diana Ross - What You Gave Me
Commodores - Too Hot Ta Trot
5th Dimension - You Are The Reason ( I Feel Like Dancing )
High Energy - Love Is All You Need
David Ruffin - I Can't Stop The Rain
Switch - We Like To Party...Come On

Side 2:

Smokey Robinson - Theme From Big Time
Thelma Houston - I'm Here Again
Diana Ross - Baby It's Me
Commodores - Funky Situation
Tata Vega - Full Speed Ahead
Jermaine Jackson - Bass Odessey


Download Side 1

Download Side 2

1 comment:

BIG-ONE said...

thnx ..... I use your info and work on my blog too

http://fullundie.blogspot.com